More coursework: 1 - A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I - J | K - L | M | N - O | P - S | T | U - Y

Creative story grandpa

Creative Story: Grandpa

By Eddy Arevalo

We were going to Las Vegas for vacation. I was looking foward to having

a lot of fun there. When we finally got to Las Vegas,it felt like an oven jacked

up all the way. When we got to the room it felt like when you open a

refrigerator. Then we went to see all the major attractions, like Cesar's

Palace, this was one of my favorites because when you go inside the roof looks

like the sky inside of a building. I also took some pictures in front of the

hotel near the water fountain. The MGM Grand was my second favorite because

when you go inside it this thing were you go in and walk around and see the

play Wizard of Oz. I also liked thePyramid because outside the is this image of

a persons face that appears on the splashing water. That image was all done

with Lazers. Las Vegas is a nice place to see a lot of cool hotels and sites.

Then it was even better because it was at night and all the hotels were lit up.

It looked like it was Christmas everyday there. Every single hotel was lit up

of all different pictures. We had fun seeing that but it was time to go back to

the hotel room.

When we got back the front desk informed us that somebody had called

from San Fransisco. We all had an idea of what it was about. My mom and grandma

were both sobbing. They were crying in way that didn't show. My dad and I felt

very sad even though we didn't know my grandpa very well. Before we had gone to

Las Vegas we sat down with my aunt and my mom said " if anything happened to my

grandpa to call us at the hotel room." When we heard that they had called we

were all sweating as if it was raining right above us. When we called back it

seemed like an eternity. My mom called, you could hear every button that she

punched in. We also could hear the ringing from the call. Finally, my aunt

picked up and started talking to my mom about how they called from Lima, Peru

saying that my grandpa was waiting to die until they got there. So that same

night we called Hertz and said that we had to get back to San Fransico and we

were going to leave the car tomorrow. There was a big fit because my dad had

already paid for three days but we only used it one day. And my dad couldn't get

his money back. The same night they called from San Fransisco we called United

Airlines saying that we needed to go on an emergency flight to San Fransisco.

They told us that they didn't have flight until 6:45 at night.

After we got everything settled we had to go to sleep so that we could

get up early to go to the airport. I think that no one slept except for me and

I only slept for a few hours. I was listening to my parents conversation about

who was going to Peru to see my grandpa before he passes away. I was thinking

how the situation was going to be solved. My dad said "I can't go because

someone has to stay with Eddy."I can go with Teresa (my aunt)." My grandma said

"I don't know if I could go because of my high blood pressure." Before they

made their final decision they thought that I would go with my mom and aunt

because my grandma has high blood pressure. Finally my mom said "I will go with

Teresa and my mom." I would stay with my dad and they would go because I had

seen him that same year when I was at Peru.

When I woke up the next morning at 5:38 in the morning, my parents were

all ready to go. My parents looked like people who hadn't slept for a few days.

Since the earliest flight we could go on was at 6:45 P.M. we had excepted. We

gathered up all our luggage and threw it into the Taxi like it was a piece of

cloth. We went to the airport as early as we could to see if anybody would

trade tickets with us. We asked a nice couple with their two kids if they could

please trade tickets with us. We explained the situation to them so they would

trade, and they said yes. We left Las Vegas as fast as we could. We couldn't

wait until the captain said buckle up for take-off.

In the plane I felt that my stomach was growling at me. We were also

thinking of what to do once we got to San Fransico. The plane landed in San

Fransico at 8:49. When we got out of the plane we ran down the stairs to get

all the luggage. It seemed like we ran faster then Micheal Johnson.After we got

our luggage we called for the first taxi we spotted. In the taxi I felt like I

was never going to get to our house. I mostly wanted my mom,grandma, and aunt

to get together and discuss. I felt scared of what was going to happen. Finally,

54 minutes later, we got to our house and my mom and grandma started talking to

my aunt. They were talking about how they would pay for the trip so quickly.

Luckily, my mom and dad knew a man that work for Aerolinas Argentina and could

get some emergency tickets for us so that we could leave that same week. My

aunt agreed with that.

Then my grandma started to tell my aunt that she shouldn't get too mad

or depressed or her blood pressure would go up. My aunt said to not worry that

everything was going to be okay, my aunt was trying to calm down my grandma

over the phone.Tears were rolling down their cheeks like an open faucet. The

next day they were off to Peru in the first airplane that left. The next week

my grandpa passed away.

About this resource

This coursework was submitted to us by a student in order to help you with your studies.

Search our content:

  • Download this page
  • Print this page
  • Search again

  • Word count:

    This page has approximately words.



    If you use part of this page in your own work, you need to provide a citation, as follows:

    Essay UK, Creative Story Grandpa. Available from: <> [28-05-20].

    More information:

    If you are the original author of this content and no longer wish to have it published on our website then please click on the link below to request removal: