Technical - The Software requirement are as followed:
Position Management and Classification
- The system must help forward processes, with full management confidence of assigned position classification authority.
- The system shall allow managers to arrange organizations under their control.
- Quickly develop classification documents, by the use of position description.
- The system shall provide ways to produce important information in response to classification appeals.
- The system must support the important aspects of identifying position requirements.
- The system shall generate documents automatically that makes human resources management activities much easier accomplish.
- The system must help managers account for the total work force unitization.
- The system should provide analysis, recommendations, and maintenance of position arrangements and supporting an assigned task.
- The system must descried the work of a position and apply policies and standards. It also should have identification of knowledge, skills and competencies.
- The system must classify positions according to the Organizational Process Model (OPM)
- The system must update position and work force information in personnel files.
Recruitment and Staffing
- The system should work together with managers and process information indentifying both short and long term needs.
- The system must include all activities required in acquiring applicants and getting their information in an automated system.
- The system must figure out and apply pay scales for employees.
- The system must maintain historical files that include an audit trail for all actions.
Personnel Action Administration
- The system must maintain records, updating, storing and disposing of document and records.
- The system must track past, current and pending personnel actions.
- The system must automatically give reminders to the managers for the completion of probationary periods and temporary appointments and other time sensitive actions.
- The system must covert official personnel folders to and electronic medium.
- The system must explain in detail all requirements related to benefits for employees.
- The system must be able to produce the eligibility and benefits and document the action.
- The system must be able to provide paperless flow of information.
Labor-Management and Employee Relations
- The system must be able to validate and obtain approval for incentive awards.
- The system must track employee relations from start to finish.
- The system shall monitor employee's performance and probationary periods.
Work Force Development
- The system must support planning, development of training and career to meet the needs of employees.
- The system will track all training for employees.
- The system must provide planning, development and deliver training and career programs to meet agency and employees needs.
- The system must track the completion on training for all employees.
- The system must keep track of financial projections and start of controls maximizes the training funds.
- The system must evaluate the effectiveness and quality of the courses, program content and instructional values.
Time and Attendance Processing
- Leave Processing
- Pay Processing
- Labor Cost and Distribution
- Reporting, Reconciliation, and Records Retention
- The system must calculate accruals and carryovers for sick and vacation days of all employees.
- The system must provide audit trails and control data ensuring all reported leave hours as been processed correctly.
- The system must ensure leave without pay, workers compensation program, education and FMLA.
- The system must calculate leave for part-time employees and what they are entitled to receive.
- The system must provide end of year facial, end of calendar year and leave year end processing for any government agencies guidelines.
- The system must automatically convert leave taken in excess, based upon the leave priority policy.
- The system must calculate pay at the end of each pay period, using information from the time and attendance processing function.
- The system must calculate current and future pay periods
- The system must calculate earning adjustments on a start and end date basics.
- The system must calculate overtime.
- The system must calculate pay deductions for all positions along with commissions for sales employees.
- The system must calculate mandatory deductions, Federal, State and Federal Compensation Act (FICA).
- Optional deductions Medical and Dental Insurance along with life insurance.
- Involuntary deductions like Internal Revenue (IRS) levies and garnishments
- The system must update employee's personal payroll information, electronic funds transfer information.
- The system must maintain retirement data and service history.
- The system must generate unemployment compensations records severance pay.
- The system must payment of unpaid compensation for beneficiaries.
Labor Cost distribution
- The system must calculate work units by predefined data elements.
- The system must update elements driving the cost accumulation process.
- The system must produce electronic output for work units for use in other systems.
Reporting, reconciliation, and record retention
- The system must provide statistical human resources program plans for goals and management objectives. Covering all activities in the coarse of a year or longer for comparisons.
- The system must generate history for pay, time and attendance, leave history for all employees
General System Requirements
- The system must be at the standard agency level, accept processes and report on transactions with other external systems.
- The system must record transactions and related information to give the control. A custom interface may be required to identify and format transactions.
- The system must be flexible when accepting input from multiple media knows the unique data input requirements of interface systems.
- The system must list all transactions from all interfacing systems to the standard human resources payroll system, validations, and error correction procedures.
- The system must customize data input, processing rules, and edit criteria.
- The system must define internal operational procedures.
- The system must be callable of identifying transaction processes from other systems that update the standard human resources and payroll.
- The system must provide the users with customized output for reporting and providing interfaces to other systems to meet agency requirements.
Source: Essay UK - http://www.essay.uk.com/free-essays/information-technology/the-software-requirement.php